Seaside Town Council Residential Policy
Summary of Policy:
Going to the beach is an essential part of the Seaside experience. Preserving the solitude and beauty of Seaside’s private residential beaches and the 7 private residential beach pavilions is therefore a necessary responsibility of the Seaside Town Council.
Seaside Town Council maintains a contract with a beach service to provide chairs and umbrellas for rent. This contract includes certain requirements of the beach service, such as where chairs and umbrellas may be placed and other reasonable limitations intended to ensure enjoyment of the beach by all owners and guests.
“Authorized Guests” as noted herein are those persons currently renting or otherwise authorized to occupy cottages within Seaside. Rental agencies shall not grant or imply that persons renting outside of Seaside have permission to use Seaside’s private beaches or beach pavilions.
“Gap Area” This is an area between the rental chairs at the foot of the pavilion that is designated for owners or authorized guests that prefer to bring their own chairs.
Walton County Rules
1. Keep off the sand dunes and do not pick the sea oats.
2. No glass or ceramic bottles/containers are allowed on the beach.
3. No littering. It shall be unlawful for any person to discard or otherwise dispose of or abandon any trash, garbage, bottles, containers, cans, dead fish or parts thereof, charcoal briquettes or ashes, or any other litter on the beach, except in designated containers for that purpose.
4. Pets on the beach must have a valid Walton County permit and must be on a leash at all times. Hours are restricted to 3:00pm to 9:00am (standard time) and 4:00pm to 8:00am (daylight savings time). Only Walton County property owners or residents are eligible for these permits and must provide proof in the form of a driver’s license, tax bill, utility bill, lease agreement, deed or voter registration card (with address). Please call the Walton County Tax Collector at (850) 267 3001 for more information.
5. No bonfires on the beach without proper permit. Please contact South Walton Fire District at (850) 267 1298 for more information.
1. Beach chair service is for the exclusive use of Seaside Owners and Authorized Guests. All others shall be directed to the Town Center beach area for rentals.
2. Tents may be placed behind the line of rental chairs. No tent shall be placed within or on Gulf side of the line of rental chairs, or in the gaps between rental chairs at the foot of the pavilion stairs. Small tents for children not exceeding 5 ft. in length may be set up in the gap area between rental chairs. Personal chairs and umbrellas should be placed in the designated “gap” area in which no rental chairs are allowed.
3. No audio device, such as loudspeakers, television, radio, compact disc, tape, record player, or musical instrument shall be used on the beach in any manner that disturbs neighboring persons, excepting equipment used by law enforcement, rescue or beach safety personnel.
4. The Beach Pavilions are to be used by Seaside Owners and Authorized Guests only:
a. Bathrooms are provided for use of Seaside Owners and Authorized Guests.
b. Storerooms are provided only for use of Seaside Owners.
c. Access codes for the above facilities shall not be provided to unauthorized persons.
d. Owners wishing to hold events at a pavilion must contact the Town Manager at least 24 hours in advance.
5. Wristband Program: At the October 2014 Annual Homeowner meetings the Seaside Residential HOAs voted to implement a wristband program to reduce the number of unauthorized persons at the 7 private beach pavilions and beach.
Any person violating the Beach Policy will first be notified of the applicable rules/regulations by the Seaside Security Department, and will politely be asked to remedy the situation.
A refusal to remedy may result in the following:
1. In cases of unauthorized persons, Security will direct such individuals to nearby public beaches. If warranted, Security may issue a Trespass Warning through the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.
2. In cases of Seaside Owners or Authorized Guests, Security will issue a written warning. Further infractions of the Beach Policy will be documented and forwarded to the Seaside Town Council in accordance with the applicable Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions.
There are no refunds or rain checks due to weather conditions.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS IF YOU RESERVE (NO MATTER HOW IT WAS RESERVED - WEB OR PHONE) CHAIRS AND UMBRELLAS IN AN AREA THAT IS RESTRICTED FOR HOMEOWNERS AND GUESTS STAYING IN SEASIDE - ARM BANDS REQUIRED. IF YOU ARE IN A RESTRICTED AREA AND AVAILABILITY EXIST, YOU WILL BE MOVED TO AN UNRESTRICTED AREA. REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. ADDITIONAL PROOF MAY BE REQUIRED TO VALIDATE YOUR STAY IN SEASIDE. THIS IS TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY SO PLEASE RESERVE IN TOWN CENTER (GEORGES GORGE, COLEMAN PAVILION, OR CLUB CABANA MAN, IF IN DOUBT.
Cabana Man Beach Service does not offer refunds or rain checks due to weather.
Cabana Man Beach Service sets up reserved chairs and umbrellas regardless of weather conditions provided it can be completed safely (lightning could delay setup).
Cancellations / Front Row - Back Row Placement / Miscellaneous
COVID-19 Social Distancing will be observed and will take priority over front/back row confirmations. Town Center (Georges Gorge, Coleman, and Club Cabnaman) is reservation only and while the public is welcome, you must have a chair rental to use the beach - this is to maintain an occupancy limit for social distancing (1 chair per person in Town Center (George\'s Gorge, Coleman, and Club)). Personal chairs, umbrellas, tents, and coolers other than personal-sized coolers are not permitted.
1. *Cancellations must be received via phone (850) 231-5046 one week prior to scheduled rental to qualify for a refund for prepaid days.
**Reservations made for dates from Memorial Day weekend through August 1st require a 45-day notice to cancel or to make any modifications to subtract equipment for a refund of prepaid days. We realize this means there are times that you will make a reservation and it will immediately be non-refundable; therefore, if there is a mistake made and it is brought to our attention within the same day the reservation is made, we will allow a modification and will refund based on mistakes, oversights, and accidents - must be brought to us on the same day reservation was made otherwise, no refunds are permitted.
2. Refunds for cancellations will be calculated by determining the total number of days rented plus sales tax or A&E Fees, if applicable, less 10%.
3. A scheduled rental that is not canceled, as aforementioned, will be set up without a refund.
4. Cancellations requested via on-site beach staff are not guaranteed.
5. Any set configurations over two umbrellas and four chairs must be set up as a semicircle.
6. Every guest in a Club VIP set must be part of the original reservation and must have a chair in order to sit in a reserved CLUB set - no more than 1 extra chair in 2/4 person CLUB and 4 extra chairs for an 8 Person CLUB. Friends or Family not reserving in CLUB shall not receive CLUB services and will be asked to leave.
Disclaimer: Some services in Club are offered or controlled by third-party vendors. We are not responsible for delays or closure of certain services offered in Club that are beyond our control. Those services include food, drink, and towel availability. If the Beach bar is closed, those beverages are not available. Delays beyond our control from a third party vendor does not constitute a credit or refund.
Front Row/Back Row
1. Priority is given to the first to reserve in regards to the below mentioned front row/back row as well as special instructions or requests. Any change in equipment will result in a new reservation and changing equipment pursuant to the policy will still result in a new reservation and change in priority, based on the day the modification was finalized.
2. Beach conditions change and only so much equipment is able to fit between the pavilions; therefore, front row reservations are a first-come, first-serve option. If you are the last to make a reservation and based on conditions, spacing, and equipment, your set does not comply with the allowed spacing, you will be moved to the back row. To be fair, that goes both ways, if you have reserved a back-row set and we have room on the front row, based on conditions, the first to reserve will get bumped to the front row. The complexity of the beach makes this disclaimer a necessity.
We appreciate your business and we will continue to use technology to make booking your vacation easier. We will continue to make changes to the online booking system in order to fine tune any issues that we come across.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.2. Use License Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Cabana Man Beach Service\\\'s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Cabana Man Beach Service\\\'s web site; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or \\\"mirror\\\" the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Cabana Man Beach Service at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format. 3. Disclaimer The materials on Cabana Man Beach Service\\\'s web site are provided \\\"as is\\\". Cabana Man Beach Service makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Cabana Man Beach Service does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. 4. Limitations
In no event shall Cabana Man Beach Service or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Cabana Man Beach Service\\\'s Internet site, even if Cabana Man Beach Service or a Cabana Man Beach Service authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Cabana Man Beach Service\\\'s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Cabana Man Beach Service does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Cabana Man Beach Service may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Cabana Man Beach Service does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.6. Links
Any claim relating to Cabana Man Beach Service\\\'s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.